Requirements for Participation
If you have further questions, please feel free to contact the Angela Hospice Volunteer Office at (734) 464-7810.
- Volunteers must be at least sixteen years of age.
- Volunteers are accepted into the Angela Hospice Volunteer Program following a personal interview with the Volunteer Manager or a designee.
- Volunteer candidates are asked to delay their participation for one year following the loss of a loved one.
- Prior to their participation, volunteers must complete the Angela Hospice Volunteer Training Program or another hospice training program approved by the Volunteer Manager. Volunteers who choose to limit their participation to clerical or fundraising activities may not be required to take the entire series of classes.
- Volunteers must be willing to work without financial compensation.
- Volunteers must provide their own transportation.
- Volunteers agree to provide a minimum of twenty hours of service to Angela Hospice during a calendar year.
- Volunteers must complete an initial two-step TB screening test and an annual re-screening.
- Volunteers must agree to observe all Angela Hospice policies.